Visualising the future and changing the way we engage with the world around us.
The emerging technologies industry has a frustrating habit of reducing everything to an acronym, which can be confusing if you don’t really know your AR from your elbow. The good news is that we’re straight talkers, and not ones for using jargon where proper words will do.
All realities fall on a spectrum that reflects how much computer-generated imagery is overlaid onto our base reality:
- Real Reality (RR) – You, me, our office, traffic jams, bellybutton fluff. Real reality is the “real world”.
- Augmented Reality (AR) – Lays computer imagery over reality, so you can see objects placed into the real world (but the elements can’t interact with the environment).
- Mixed Reality (MR) – Like Augmented Reality but with a higher degree of whizzy interaction between the digital content and the real world.
- Virtual Reality (VR) – The user is cut off from Real Reality and instead immersed in a simulated reality through the use of a headset, controller and sometimes other haptic equipment.
- Cross Reality or Extended Reality (XR) – This is the catch-all term for all non-real realities and any other newly-developed immersive technologies.
We develop original, meaningful Augmented, Virtual and Mixed Reality experiences and are constantly improving and developing our methodology to ensure we’re always up to speed with emerging technologies. Our current weapons of choice are ARKit (one of the most advanced kits for iOS users) and ARCore (the top kit created for Android users).
Whatever your brief is we can help, whether you’re looking to increase customer engagement, improve brand awareness, enhance an in-store experience, bring projects to life, product more compelling marketing or a hundred things in between.